- Detroit Motor Show: What the cars of the future may look like
A range of concept cars and trucks are showcased at the 2018 Detroit motor show.
BBC News. Thu, 18 Jan 2018 11:57:46 GMT.
- Detroit Motor Show: Autonomous vehicles move centre stage
Detroit motor show: Autonomous vehicles move centre stage.
BBC News. Tue, 16 Jan 2018 23:50:44 GMT.
- Detroit and Atlanta Transit Agencies Win TransLoc’s MicroTransit Accelerator Challenge
DURHAM, N.C. - TransLoc, a technology provider of flexible, agency-owned microtransit solutions, announces the winners of the MicroTransit Accelerator Challenge.
Business Wire. Mon, 20 Nov 2017 13:00:00 UTC.
- Understanding Rust Belt Housing Markets
New studies released this week on the housing markets of metropolitan Chicago and Detroit reveal similarities between the regions -- and differences between the super-hot, super-high-priced east and west coasts.
By Pete Saunders, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:47:00 -0400.
- This Week In Sports Law: Miami Marlins Seizure, Detroit Pistons Financing, Ohio State Lawsuit
This week in Sports Law covers the Miami Marlins trying to seize a building from a former season ticket holder, the Detroit Pistons being added to a lawsuit over new arena financing, Ohio State defending against a right of publicity case and more.
By Darren Heitner, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 16 Jul 2017 09:30:00 -0400.
- Judge Orders US Doctor Charged with Female Genital Mutilation to Remain in Jail
A federal judge in Detroit has ordered a doctor to stay in jail pending trial for alleged female genital mutilation of two 7-year-old girls. The judge ruled Monday that Dr. Jumana Nagarwala is a danger and a flight risk. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 17 Apr 2017 20:29:14 -0400.
- How a Trump tariff could sideswipe US auto industry
DETROIT (AP) — The threat from President Donald Trump to tax Mexican-made cars sold in the U.S. would throw the auto industry into disarray, analysts say, forcing some uncomfortable choices: Raise car prices or swallow the cost. ...
Yahoo. Tue, 24 Jan 2017 19:00:33 -0500.
- Henry Ford Museum Changing Name to Reflect Innovation Focus
The Henry Ford Museum in suburban Detroit has changed its name to better convey the museum's collection and its core focus on innovation, officials announced Monday. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 23 Jan 2017 21:30:04 -0500.
- The Motor City? If ‘Detroiters’ Is Evidence, Try Comic City
A new Comedy Central show is partly shot on location; has two Detroit natives as its leads; and employs a cast widely drawn from the area.
Megan Angelo. New York Times. Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:00:15 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Silicon Valley Dominating Self-Driving Tech? Motor City Says Not So Fast
Silicon Valley, with Google and Tesla, is developing the smart cars of tomorrow, but the Detroit Three are working hard on self-driving projects in Michigan.
Neal E. Boudette and Bill Vlasic. New York Times. Tue, 20 Dec 2016 21:42:32 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
Detroit, Michigan Flag
For more news and information resources about the city of Detroit, Michigan, please visit this
Select one of the above menu options
to display an interactive city map here.
Detroit, Michigan is located at about 42.33 degrees North (latitude) and 83.05 degrees West (longitude).
Copyright © 2012-2017 Local-News.us.
All rights reserved. About Us
Detroit, Michigan News