Local News Examples
- Lord mayor questions claims space running out for Brisbane street trees
Questions are being asked about the number of trees planted around Brisbane as one councillor explains he has been told the program has stalled in his ward.
Tony Moore. Sydney Morning Herald. Tue, 18 May 2021 19:47:51 +1000.
- As Illinois lifts mask mandate, Mayor Lightfoot wants clarification on CDC guidance
"I will just say for myself, I will continue to wear my mask, certainly indoors and in certain outdoor spaces, when I don't know the people that I'm around, whether they have been fully vaccinated," Lightfoot said.
Karen Jordan. ABC News. Tue, 18 May 2021 03:14:38 +0000.
- Supreme Court Gives Big Oil a Win in Climate Fight With Cities
But in the case, filed by the city of Baltimore, the high court gave the fossil fuel industry far less than it had asked for.
John Schwartz. New York Times. Tue, 18 May 2021 01:34:55 +0000.
- Tory MPs warn Boris Johnson not to delay unlocking country on June 21 over Covid vaccine refuseniks
Ministers are preparing emergency plans that could see local lockdowns brought in or the June 21 reopening delayed over concerns about the fast-spreading Indian variant of coronavirus.
Daily Mail. Tue, 18 May 2021 01:52:57 +0100.
- DC lifts mask mandate for fully vaccinated people
Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) on Monday announced that the nation's capital is lifting its mask mandate in most places for fully vaccinated individuals, aligning with the Centers for Disease Control and ...
Marina Pitofsky. The Hill. Mon, 17 May 2021 21:46:11 +0000.
- California city settles with bloggers who published police records, walks back criminal hacking claims
A southern California city agreed to settle in a case against two citizen bloggers accused of publishing confidential city hall documents, including police misconduct records, obtained without permission.
Danielle Wallace. Fox News. Mon, 17 May 2021 18:44:07 GMT.
- Local News Losing Billions In Revenue Each Year From Digital Media Giants
An analysis found that local newscasts are losing nearly $2 billion in revenue each year because they are not properly compensated by digital media giants. Congress is looking into this financial inequity.
By Brad Adgate, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 17 May 2021 10:06:21 -0400.
- Many Stranded As Flights From Tajikistan To Russia Delayed
Hundreds of travelers have been stranded for several days at airports in Tajikistan's two largest cities after flights to Russia on the Nordwind airline were put on hold.
Radio Liberty. Mon, 17 May 2021 11:44:46 +0000.
- Mapping Palestinian solidarity protests around the world
Tens of thousands of people from nearly 100 cities have participated in protests in solidarity with Palestinians.
Al Jazeera. Mon, 17 May 2021 10:57:31 +0000.
Newspaper Entitled "Local News"
Copyright © Zeducorp.
All rights reserved. About Us
Local News Examples - Local Journalism Samples